Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I Like Stupid Modules

One of the reasons I'm so into C&C right now is the prospect of being able to run lotsa different dungeon modules under a flexible, simple system. Here's a list of the sources for dungeons that all look good to me:

Old D&D modules from TSR

Similarly hoary modules from Judge's Guild

AEG's Adventure Keep line of pamphlet modules

HackMaster modules (I don't need the 'Hacked' versions of the old modules, but their original stuff, such as Slaughterhouse Indigo, looks good.)

Dungeon Crawl Classics from Goodman Games

Necromancer Games products

The World's Largest Dungeon (it has its flaws, but it's still got that Mt. Everest appeal)

Random Generated Dungeons, like from the appendix to the 1st edition DMG

My Own Crazy Homebrew Stuff

Take a combination of any or all of the above, pepper the dungeons on some outdoor map and you've got the kind of campaign that I love both running and playing. It's unsophisticated, maybe even dumb, but that's the way I like my swords & sorcery gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment