Saturday, April 23, 2005

Big Sale at Waldenbooks

The Waldenbooks over at the mall is running a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale in their graphic novels and manga sections. Even better, according to their crazy taxonomy roleplaying games are graphic novels. I splurged and bought six D&D items: the 3.5 PHB, the D&D Miniatures Handbook (has plenty of stuff that will work for straight D&D), the Arms & Equipment Guide (which has entirely black & white interiors. I didn't know Wizards did that in hardbounds.), FFG's Monster's Handbook (Mike Mearls explains how to build your own monsters and assign CRs), the Tome of Horror (a big book of monsters, many of them conversions from earlier incarnations of D&D), and the latest version of the D&D basic set (the prepainted figs inside are about the best bang-for-buck you can find). If I could've found one more item I like I might have gotten the Star Wars minis intro set and Races of Destiny. I'm a sucker for a sale.

Their rpg selection is mostly limited to D&D, Star Wars d20, and some White Wolf. You might want to go check it out if any of those trip your trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment