Friday, April 08, 2005

Exile on Main Street

Apparently Exile on Main Street has been open for about five months without me knowing anything about its existence until yesterday. During my lunchbreak I was smoking a cigar and walking around downtown Champaign when I noticed that one of the store fronts at the new One Main building had an oldish stand-up coin-op video game in the window. Turns out Exile on Main Street is a new and used CD/DVD/videogame establishment. Not exactly my cuppa but still pretty durn cool. The music section includes a resptable shefload of local musicians and labels. I nearly bought a neat looking magazine called Retro Gamer, but it was a British import with a cover price of thirteen dollars American. Yeesh. I take back all the things I've ever said about Dragon being too pricy.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I hadn't mentioned it before.
    It's not a bad place, run by an ex-Volition (the coinop's used to be in the breakroom). I've been in before
    to pick up a copy of phantom brave, good trade-ins, but the music and general video sections are the winners. I could spend entirely too much money in there on Afrikka Bambaata, old Electronica, and used kung-fu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologize old chap. Like I said, this Exile joint isn't exactly my cup o' tea. I mentioned it here mainly because I thought you and Dave ought to know about it.

    ReplyDelete