Monday, April 11, 2005

Here's an interesting idea

Today EN World had a linky to Westarch University Press, who are looking for contributors to their new World of Llowellan setting. This is a standard kitchen sink fantasy setting with a twist: they plan on doing material for D&D, d20 Past, and d20 Modern. I like that idea. I'm not sure what to do with it, but imagine a d20M campaign in which Greywhawk as we know it was medieval history!

However I kinda wonder if these folks understand the legal end of the d20/OGL/OGC world, as they mention verrik and other Arcana Evolved races in their stuff. The word 'verrik' and the names of the other AE races have been designated by Malhavok as Product Identity. Hopefully these folks have permission to be using Monte Cook's IP. I sent them a little note asking them about this issue. I'm nosy that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment