Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holy crap

I am apparently famous in HackMasterVille or something. The reason for all the recent comments to 'Awesome Up' is a four page thread at the KenzerCo boards entitled How NOT to run a game. You could alternately title that thread "Boy, Jeff Sure Sucks". It's a little weird getting harshed on by HackMaster people, as I totally think of HM players as My Kind of People.

Edit to add: Please don't follow that link with the intention of leaping to my defense! Everything is copacetic. And by posting this entry I'm *not* trying to start a board invasion or anything stupid like that.

4 comments:

  1. "To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction."

    There was a lot of frothing and teeth-gnashing but I don't think anyone truly meant anything personal by any of it.

    I'm glad you found the thread and were able to provide your personal comments and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that post was great and as I posted on Treasure Tables, that's how I try to roll when I GM.

    Don't worry, I'm not even heading to look at the HM boards, just wanted to let you know that not all the people you reached were anti-fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From part of that thread over on the HM boards:

    "Most of it is very... subjective."

    Holy shit! Someone posting something subjective! In their own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The amount of objective GMing advice I can offer is very small.

    *Don't eat the dice.

    *Don't set the players on fire.

    *Always wear a condom.

    That's about it.

    ReplyDelete