Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's been 10 years since Carl's been gone

I'd say something sentimental like 'I hope you're doing well wherever you are' but Carl was a skeptic and an atheist and it just doesn't seem right.
Ten years ago today astronomer and science popularizer Carl Sagan shuffled off this mortal coil. Chris over at Dorkland is reporting a Cornell-led blog-a-thon in the man's honor. Let me tell you just a little anecdote to relate how much of an impression Sagan made upon me. I saw his Cosmos series during the original 1980 broadcast. I was seven years old at the time. Over ten years later I held a copy of the book version of Cosmos in my hand for my senior year high school yearbook photo. That is a fact, Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Carrying Cosmos in your yearbook piciture? No, that's a dedicated geek. :) Ten years ago? Gah, that makes me feel old.

    It's nice to see that a couple of my readers decided to join in on this.

    ReplyDelete