Monday, December 11, 2006

Leonard McCoy is not putting up with your crap

Space Seed was on this morning. I love this exchange with a newly-awakened Khan.

Bones: Well, either choke me or cut my throat. Make up your mind.

Khan: Where am I?

Bones: You're in bed, holding a knife at your doctor's throat.

Dr. Leonard McCoy has so meditated upon the Tao of the Grumpy Old Man that when confronted by a megalomaniacal ubermensch with a knife he's able to turn his crankiness into an impenetrable shield of badassery. Respect the Bones.

What Kirk achieves with utter manliness and Spock with weird alien mojo, I get done with nothin' but a bad attitude.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 AM

    This post speaks not only truth, but religious truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badass is right. I forgot about that quote. Now I wanna go home and watch me some Original Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Before there was 'House' there was Leonard McCoy.

    ReplyDelete