Monday, June 25, 2007

I can see the finish line

The deadline for Worldwide Adventure Writing Month is Saturday. And it looks like I'm going to make it. I have four or five pages of actual adventure to write, plus items like the table of contents and out-of-character afterword. Then I need to glue all my files together and drop in my artwork. I've received some very cool pieces from S. John Ross and another member of the Encounter Critical mailing list. And I've done about 4 illos of my own. Theoretically, turning my wordprocessor file into a PDf ought to be a snap, but I've discovered that such a transformation isn't quite as WYSIWYG as I'd like. I may end up with little snafus like an illo that belongs at the bottom of page 20 gets pushed to the top of page 21 when converted. I can see fiddlying around with the software becoming a big pain in the ass. Still, if I keep my nose to the grindstone I should have a complete Encounter Critical module done by Saturday.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:21 AM

    I´m still hustling, too. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whh-HAAAAAAIT...You're --

    An EC module?!

    Have I been under a ROCK?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently so, man. I haven't been keeping it a secret. I did think it was weird that you didn't respond to my call for illustrators on the EC mailing list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I...hadn't...checked it.

    I hang my head in shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Cause I woulda TOTALLY jumped on the EC illo bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:27 PM

    It's not too late, Rotwang! Join in!

    I mean, okay, the bit about breaking my heart by not checking the EC list when I read your blog religiously ... it's too late for that. But while I slink off into a cold dark corner to sulk, you could get busy with a rockin' illo for Jeff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent Doc an email and it looks like he's gonna join the fun. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you using to make your PDFs?

    ReplyDelete