Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pat has a level on me

I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)


Ability Scores:

Strength-12

Dexterity-10

Constitution-11

Intelligence-15

Wisdom-12

Charisma-14


Alignment:
True Neutral A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.


Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.


Class:
Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.


Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I ended up as a 5th level Chaotic Good human wizard. I totally thought I'd end up as a rogue of some sort, but I ended up with a -2 on that score. I'd be very curious to see the mechanics behind this quiz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 AM

    As usual, some of these questions leave me wondering if the authors of these things live very sheltered lives.

    But, answering as close as possible (and just picking randomly on the half-dozen occasions when all of the answers were equally inappropriate or nonsensical), I ended up "Neutral Good Human Druid/Wizard (3rd/3rd Level)"

    - Sjohn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but your Prime's better than mine, so I'll have to multiclass or find some weird PrC. I'll probably put off leveling again until after 4th comes out, see how I'll convert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a CN 5th level wizard.

    My stats suck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:25 AM

    More interesting and better written than most of these, but: Neutral good Elf Bard 2 / Wizard 2? An elf? And a bard??

    I call shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably no surprise to people who know me...

    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin (6th level).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max, can we trade? I don't wanna be an Elf, but I'd put up with it to get Bard :) I could be sort of an odd-duck Elf that hangs out at all the Dwarf bars attempting vainly to hold my grog. I could even pencil on a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Be my guest, S John, only please don't change your handle to reflect your new profession. If you start going by Jonellarion Starhawk I will feel responsible for turning yet another elf hippy loose upon the world.

    Incidentally, instead of picking randomly, consider ignoring entirely the unworkable questions. On my second go round I came up a True Neutral Human...Bard 4.

    Don't get me wrong, I like a song as much as the next guy. But you don't want to hear me sing one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking something more along the lines of "Lyrian Moonglow," but with "Moonglow" hastily scratched out and replaced with "Clanghammer."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Max - thanks for the tip about skipping the dumbass questions; I didn't know that was allowed! Much groovier now, although, amusingly, the end result just removed my "Wizard" career and left me otherwise identical (this time as a 6th Level NG Human Druid).

    Out of curiosity, I checked to see what result I'd get if I left _every_ question blank, and - reasonably enough, I guess - it's a 1st level Human Fighter, True Neutral, with blank stats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interestingly to me, I am a 4th Level Neutral Good Human Cleric. I was a little surprised at my alignment, as I don't usually rate that way, but then I discovered that I was only one point away from being Lawful Good. So I'm happy with that.

    The weird part is that my Dexterity was ranked highest, and my wisdom lowest. In real life, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case; not that I'm a font of wisdom, but I think that the only reason my Dex got rated so high was because I have really good aim.

    Still, nothing below a 10, so why should I complain?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:57 PM

    neutral good human bard level 4

    badass stats...who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:04 PM

    I am a Human NG 3rd level sorcerer/3rd level Rogue.

    Cool link Jeff.

    ReplyDelete