Wednesday, April 02, 2008

World of Broadsword

Jeff Mejia (a.k.a. the Evil DM) has put out a new 31-page PDF called The World of Broadsword, a setting book/bestiary for Broadsword, his beer-&-pretzels RPG of barbarian movie action. I really like the Evil DM's unpretentious writing style. And I may have to steal his Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats system for describing political areas. Both the original game and The World of are well worth the few bucks he's asking for them. Good stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it's out? Aces! Sold!

    This, and...what's the 1PG Romantic fantasy one? Sold, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug my friend.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    the S.W.O.T analysis was a little gem I learned about in a marketing class in college. I finally used my Business Degree for something other than covering up a hole in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun ... is there sampler material anywhere to peek at? All the link seems to offer is page-count and file-size :(

    Potentially very interested ... I have an unhealthy love of fantasy worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S. John, here's an excerpt the Evil DM posted last month:

    http://evildm.blogspot.com/2007/09/excerpt-from-upcoming-broadsword.html

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do happen to pick it up S.John, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
    Jeff M.

    ReplyDelete