Friday, July 11, 2008

99.5%

My little sweetpea has been doing a good job monopolizing the computer again. This time, rather than Barbie & The 12 Dancing Princesses, my computer time is foiled by a combination of My Little Pony, Hello Kitty, and an sci-fi edutainment number called Starflyers. The Hello Kitty number is surprisingly good, basically a collection of soundly designed casual games. But I have trouble getting into a game called Hello Kitty Bubblegum Girlfriends, no matter how well-designed.

In the meantime I've been re-reading some Wilderlands material (finishing that review set off another round of feverish interest) and playing the crap out of Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. I've had a copy of Lego Star Wars II pretty much since it came out. The game keeps a little "percentage complete" meter running. I'm now stuck at 99.5% complete. Somewhere in Mos Eisley is an orange lego brick that I simply cannot find. I've blasted every thing destructible I can find in that wretched hive, but still no luck. It's maddening.

Actual content tomorrow, if my daughter cooperates. ;)

5 comments:

  1. My daughter and I have played our way through both Lego Star Wars. It's funny, you'd think a five year old would be all over exploring every nook and cranny of the game, but she's very plot-driven. While I'm the one trying to shake down each level for all the secret loot, she's busy trying to solve it for the Nth time and yelling at me when I start dawdling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:19 PM

    My roommate's 6-year-old nephew beat the whole game, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the banthas. I can climb on them and get shot at, or I can hurl myself off a cliff, or I can keep fighting sandpeople and get worn down. I just can't seem to make my save vs dumbth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:11 AM

    If you're willing to brave a den of scum and villainy to find that orange brick, www.gamefaqs.com :)

    ReplyDelete